Our February #CCBG craft challenge was yarn/fiber. Check out all the amazing DIYs!
How to Needle Felt a Cute Nome HouseLife Beyond the Kitchen https://
How to Use A Knitting Mill CCBC5 Little Monsters http://
Cobble Stitch Dishcloth
Gift bow yarn pompoms are SO easy to make!
Have you ever wrapped a present at the minute only to realize you don’t have a bow? Here is a cute and very easy way to create some unique package adornments using yarn as the main material. Grab some yarn in your choice of colors to create these adorable gift toppers!
Gift Bow Yarn Pompoms Instructions:
1. To start lay yarn over your fingers or hand.
2. Wrap yarn about 35 times around your hand or your fingers depending on how large you would like your fluff to be. Your fingers will make a smaller fluff, and your hand will make a larger one. You may need to play with how many times you need to wrap it depending on the thickness of your yarn and how full you would like your fluff.
3. Place a pipe cleaner under all of the loops of yarn after you have cut it from your hand, as seen in figure 3. Twist pipe cleaner TIGHTLY in the middle of the loops to cinch.
4. Cut all of the loops until no loops remain and all that is left are short pieces of yarn sticking out from the middle. Trim the yarn as necessary to improve the circular shape of the ball.
5. Place your gift bow yarn pompom on a gift!
The amazing part is that colors can be chosen to match various seasons or events, from pastel colors for Easter gifts to sports teams’ colors.
This craft is also easy enough for a child or tween to do it. What a great rainy day idea for you and your littles to make these pompoms, adding embellishments to turn them into cute animals.
Use your imagination and have fun!
Your Craft Diva,
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.
I’m linking up here: