A frittata can be a simple, easy, and fast weeknight or weekend breakfast or dinner. It’s also elegant enough that you could serve it to company.
Some people love breakfast foods; I am not one of them! I much prefer eggs that are deviled, rather than as a main dish.
However, when you add in the other frittata ingredients, it’s easy to miss the flavor of the eggs.
Here’s what I did.
I beat the eggs, add a couple of tablespoons of cooked sausage crumbles, cheese, peppers, spinach, a splash of milk, and some seasoning.
Mix thoroughly and add to an oven-proof skillet. You may want to spray it with non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Check for doneness and then let the skillet sit in the hot oven another five minutes to get golden on top.
Slice and serve.
Isn’t this a beautiful dish?
I should add that this dish is very economical. It would be even more so if you omit the sausage and serve it for Meatless Monday, which would also up its healthiness level.
If you’re looking to save money and eat healthier, this is your dish!
- 3 eggs
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 2 T. of cooked sausage
- Red pepper and yellow pepper
- Handful of cheese
- Splash of milk
- Seasoning mix
- Cut the red and yellow pepper into segments to food process; I set mine to chop, creating small pieces.
- Combine of all the ingredients together, using as much seasoning as you like.
- Pour into greased, oven-safe skillet or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Check for doneness.
- Let sit in hot oven for another 5 minutes to brown.
- Cut and serve.
- Serve with hot buttered toast and fresh fruit for a simple, but elegant presentation.
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.