I am totally in love with one-pot meals! Who isn’t?
Everything is thrown into one pot for meal prep, and cleaning up afterwards couldn’t be easier.
Today, I’m sharing a meal I’ve made many times over the past decade or so. I found the recipe in a magazine and have made it ever since, tweaking it to make it my own along the way.
It’s that good!
Stick with me. You’ll be glad you did.
I have a few tips to make the prep easier, too.
Sausage Meal Process:
So, for this meal, I used a turkey smoked sausage. Feel free to use whichever type of sausage you wish.
To the sausage, you add chopped onion and peppers and sauté.
Add in hot, cooked rice, and let everything cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
To help make this process faster, I have some tips for you.
First, I buy the pineapple chunks in the plastic container, where four are in a box, because it’s the perfect amount for this recipe. No chopping or using only part of the can of pineapple.
Then, I buy frozen rice at the market, microwave it, and then toss it in the pot.
It’s much faster than cooking the rice, which you could certainly do, of course.
A final tip: if this is going to be a weeknight dinner, chop the veggies and sausage before you leave the house.
That way, dinner can be on the table in a matter of just minutes!
Yes, the ingredients sound a bit odd, but the combination is perfect.
The sweetness mixed with the saltiness of the meat and the tanginess of the tomatoes – – it’s unique.
Give your taste buds a new treat with this one-pot meal!
(Click here for another one-pot, fulfilling weeknight meal!)
- 1 lb. of turkey sausage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 pepper
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 20 oz. jar of pineapple chunks
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a large stockpot. Add chopped sausage, onion, and pepper. Saute until sausage is brown and veggies are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, including juices from tomatoes and pineapple, and cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Chop veggies and sausage in advance for quicker meal prep.
- Purchase frozen rice packages in the market and microwave. This, too, cuts down on prep time.
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.