I have six favorite Christmas movies that I have to watch before it’s Christmas Day. They put me in the Christmas spirit, and I often end up watching them more than once. Here are my favorite Christmas movies!
Favorite Christmas Movies:
- Christmas Vacation- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is my favorite Christmas movie, and I definitely watch this one multiple times during the Christmas season. It has a lot of great quotable lines, and has scene after scene of funny moments. I even will watch this one when it’s not Christmas.
- The Santa Clause- I saw this movie when I was 3 and cried at the end because I wanted to ride on Santa’s sleigh. It’s an easy classic, with Tim Allen in one of his best roles ever.
- A Christmas Story- Another repeatable Christmas movie, A Christmas Story is a must see. TNT still does a 24 hour marathon of it on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It’s not Christmas without Ralphie.
- Rudolph- The original claymation Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer is one of the original classic Christmas movies and gave us a few of our current Christmas songs. Definitely a favorite for all ages.
- It’s a Wonderful Life- I recently read an article that said the reason that we call this a classic is because when the copyright came up, no one renewed it, so it started being played on TV for free. A lot. And so we watch it because it’s been watched for so many years. Whatever the reason, it’s a classic heartwarming Christmas movie.
- Scrooged- If you’ve never seen Scrooged, do yourself a favor and go watch it now. Bill Murray makes a hilarious Ebeneezer Scrooge in a retelling of A Christmas Carol.
There are a lot more Christmas movies out there- but are there any you would have added to my list? What are your favorite Christmas movies?
(Did you miss Dani’s list of her 7 favorite Halloween movies? Here it is!)
(Here are 55 more Christmas movie faves!)
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.