Busy parents and working professionals need easy, filling meals for weekday dinners. Agreed?
Here’s a chicken casserole that works perfectly!
Prepping the ingredients the day or morning before can also help cut down the time it takes to make this hearty dish.
First, chop a package of fresh broccoli into bite-sized pieces and then steam them. Make sure not to overdue it, or the green broccoli will turn yellow. Yuck!
Chicken Casserole Prep:
While the broccoli is steaming, cook a package of chicken breasts or tenders. I boil mine and then reduce the heat until they are done.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
In a greased casserole dish, layer the chicken on top of the broccoli.
Now, it’s time to make the sauce.
Combine cream of chicken soup with mayo and lemon juice. Stir to mix and then cover the chicken.
If you enter your email on our Hello bar at the top of our home page, we will be happy to send you FREE a party guide filled with delicious recipes your guests will love! You will love the versatility of these foods and their ease of preparation. We totally respect our readers’ privacy and would never, ever sell personal information.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Melt some butter and then combine with bread crumbs for a crunchy topping.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
This dish serves four, but could be doubled to serve a crowd.
Served with a salad and a dinner roll, this easy chicken casserole is comfort food at its best!
Pin to read later!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 package of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 T. melted butter
- Steam and chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil the chicken until done and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick coating spray and layer the chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Mix the mayo, soup, and lemon juice and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and a dinner roll for comfort food at its best!
(Click here for my chicken tenders recipe with the BEST homemade BBQ sauce!)
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.
I’m linking up here: