I love fall weather. I love dressing in layers and the cool nip in the air and all the sights and smells associated with autumn. But sometimes, weather doesn’t cooperate. I find early fall still too warm, and I have to get creative with my outfits. Here’s a few ways to transition your summer wardrobe into fall
- Leggings- The most basic and easiest transitional piece, leggings are my first go to to pair with dresses, tunics, and summery flowy tops.
- Sweaters- Once it starts to cool, I will throw a sweater on over my favorite summer looks. Makes even your basic dress more interesting.
- Booties- Booties keep your toes warm on those chilly fall mornings without keeping your legs too warm for those warm afternoons.
- Flannels- Fall is flannel time, so throwing a flannel over your favorite jeans and tee combo, or even over a dress, makes for an easy summer-to-fall look.
- Felt/Wool Hat and Scarves- The perfect accessories to instantly make any outfit feel more fall are a felt/wool floppy hat and a scarf. Done and done.
What are some of your go to clothing transitions transition from summer to fall?
(Did you miss Dani’s capsule wardrobe post? Here it is!)
(Looking for other seasonal fashion transition inspo? Here ya go!)
Don’t miss a moment on our unique site, 2dishingdivas!
Subscribe on our Hello bar.
Like us on Facebook.
I’m linking up here: